Tuesday, April 9, 2013

{New Project} City Stamps!


I've been working on this city stamp project for a little while now, and I'm so happy to see it come to life! They can be used on letters, envelopes, gift tags, travel notebooks, pretty much anything! The original idea for the stamps actually came when I was designing postcards (a work still in progress).

When deciding on what cities to design, I wanted them to be major cities, but also ones that had a significant meaning for me. So I ended up with San Francisco (a city very close to home because of family), New York (the first time I officially traveled on my own), Paris (visiting an old friend, beautiful gardens, art, architecture, French pastries & macarons, I could go on & on...), London (a perfect way to end a month of traveling), and of course Vancouver (my beautiful hometown).

There are other cities I would love to create stamps for like Singapore and Tokyo.

What do you think of these stamps? Would you want one of these or even the whole set? Would love to hear your feedback on this project. Thanks!


 


2 comments:

  1. Val, those are beautiful!! You capture the essence of each city so well in such a small dimension--impressive! I would definitely buy the set and gives some as gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan for the thoughtful feedback. The stamps are only about 1" x 1" each, so I was a little unsure how the details would stamp, but they turned out perfectly!

      Delete